Contract Buyer – Immediate Opportunity – Possibility of Contract to Hire
Highly Reputable Company is seeking 2 Experienced Senior Buyer’s for an immediate contract assignments. Permanent positions are opening up, so there is potential for contract to hire.
- Source products, focused on quality, pricing, delivery, working with new and existing suppliers.
- Forecasting demand, tracking and and entering data for inventory levels, costs, accuracy as well as performance
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that deadlines and quality of materials are met
- Negotiate pricing with vendors, as well as completing new vendor setup and approving required vendor documentation
- Maintain relationships with carriers as well as vendors to establish the best outcome for deliveries to develop long term operation strategies, new and existing product development and inventory levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience doing Purchasing / Buying
- Focus on Vendor Relationships and Negotiating Pricing
- Experience working with domestic and international suppliers and setting delivery expectations.
- Anaplan experience is a plus
- Ability to analyze trends, forecast changes and problem-solve
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multitask in a variety of situations
- Experience with Sales and Operations Planning, as well as being familiar with ERP/MRP systems.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel (V-Look Ups & Pivot Tables